Monday, March 7, 2011

Best Television Couples Countdown #2

Buffy and Angel



Buffy met Angel in the first episode of the first season and from that moment there was a chemisty that was undeniable. She didnt know till later in the season that he was a vampire and with her being the vampire slayer, Romeo and Juliet took on a whole new meaning. By season 2 they were hooked on each other like a drug, but with Angel's curse allowing him never to have a moment of true happiness, when they made love for the first time it caused the first issue in their relationship. Angel lost his soul and he was back to being Angelus one of the most feared and evil vampires in history. They were able to reverse it by the end of season 2 but not before Buffy had to kill for the good of the world. ecame back in season 3 and with the two not able to give the other up they came back together. Angel realizing Buffy would never have a life he thought she wanted and deserved he broke up with her and told he was leaving. This was so Angel could get his own show that took place in Los Angeles. Buffy showed up a few times in LA making it hard as always for the two to leave each other. Angel also came back to Sunnydale, even to attend Buffy's mom's funeral. I loved this episode because it showed to me the two were always soulmates even if time didnt allow them to be together. Angel showed up in the final season in one of the final episode to me proving again how much their meant to be together. I always find them to be one of the most poetically tragic beautiful couples. 


I know there is more than one but I do love them!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Angel: What are you sayin', you wanna have a date?
Buffy: No.
Angel: You don't wanna have a date?
Buffy: Who said 'date'? I-I-I never said 'date'.
Angel: Right. You just wanna have coffee or somethin'.
Buffy: Coffee?
Angel: I knew this was gonna happen.
Buffy: What? What do you think is happening?
Angel: You're sixteen years old. I'm two hundred and forty-one.
Buffy: I've done the math.
Angel: You don't know what you're doing, you don't know what you want...
Buffy: Oh. No, I, I think I do. I want out of this conversation.
Angel: Listen, if we date you and I both know one thing's gonna lead to another.
Buffy: One thing already has led to another. You think it's a little late to be reading me a warning label?
Angel: I'm just tryin' to protect you. This could get outta control.
Buffy: Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?
Angel: This isn't some fairy tale. When I kiss you, you don't wake up from a deep sleep and live happily ever after.
Buffy: No. When you kiss me I wanna die.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Angel: You still my girl?
Buffy: Always.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BUFFY - (looks at Angel) Because—OK, I'm cookie dough. I'm not done
baking. I'm not finished becoming whoever the hell it is I'm gonna
turn out to be. I make it through this, and the next thing, and the
next thing, and maybe one day I turn around and realize I'm ready. I'm
cookies. And then, you know, if I want someone to eat— (eyes go wide
as she catches herself) or enjoy warm, delicious cookie me,
then...that's fine. That'll be then. When I'm done.
ANGEL - Any thoughts on who might enjoy— (sighs, irritated) Do I have
to go with the cookie analogy?
BUFFY - I'm not really thinking that far ahead. That's kind of the point.
ANGEL - (hands the amulet to Buffy) I'll go start working on the
second front. Make sure I don't have to use it. (walks away)
BUFFY - (calls after him) Angel. (he turns to look at her) I do...
sometimes think that far ahead.
ANGEL - Sometimes is something. (smiles, walks away)
BUFFY - Be a long time coming. Years, if ever.
ANGEL - (shrugs) I ain't getting any older. (walks away)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Buffy(talking about Angel): I would have given up everything I had to be with him. I loved him more than I will ever love anything in this life
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ANGEL: Look, it's okay. I know you don't feel like it now, but you are
strong, Buffy. You're gonna figure this out. And you have people to
help you. You don't have to do this alone.
BUFFY: (looks at the sky) It's gonna be light soon.
ANGEL: I can stay in town as long as you want me.
BUFFY: How's forever? Does forever work for you?

3 comments:

  1. I love the cookie analogy! I'm using it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I get my entire life from movies. Im thinking of making a post of my Natalie isms

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how I feel about them, but I respect them as a pairing and I can't blame you for shipping them. They were undeniably 100% in love.

    ReplyDelete