Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dark Path(A Poem)

Dark Path
By: Natalie Alvey

Was I on the ground when you found me?
I cannot remember now or pretend to know.
It was dark an cold.
Was it night or day in disguise.

I took your hand that I know.
I did not you or your soul.
You held me close and whispered don't let go.
Did I even have a choice?

Your eyes were vast and mysterious.
Your skin scarred and smooth.
Your scent took me and threw me.
Did you know what you would do to me.

The path was dark and far from light.
But was it good or evil.
I felt smiles and their were no tears.
The breeze cleaned my skin.

Your kiss on my neck.
My hands in your hair.
The blinding dark.
The silent words said.

You never left but always changed.
Waited for goodbyes but they never came.
Your burned into my flesh.
Voice ringing in my ears.

Your hand still holds mine even now.

3 comments:

  1. hmm, interesting...what inspired this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote this last night. Interesting makes it sound like you dont like it. I had many inspirations but its about a girl meeting someone who is different and the confusion of whether it is good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this. It's very meloncholy.

    ReplyDelete