Thursday, November 4, 2010

Film People

Being a film student myself I thought that when I started school for film I would finally find people that got me. Instead I felt even more pushed out. Being a woman and wanting to work in film automatically put in in the minority. I knew though I would be put in this position. Still though it seem that the majority of film students want to be just like some other film director or writer. I wanted to be me. Make film that stated something important, that spoke to people ,or more importantly females. I wanted some little girl to be inspired. Like Joan Jett, Natalie Wood, and Katherine Hepburn inspired me to be the best I can be. I mean I had a mother who let me be me and now I feel that I am missing something because the future creative minds of film are wantint to copy. This is why my generations are becoming known as the generation of remakes. I want to scream. Hopefully this will change, but at this rate I feel on my own.


My Next: Dont worry will be more up beat. I will be discussing The best young actors/Actress so far. These are the people that when I work in film I will want to work with.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you feel that way. It's important to want to be original. It's good to have inspiration but you don't just want to copy someone else's originality. That's all Hollywood seems to do these days and we need more new ideas. Don't give up.

    ReplyDelete